It was God

Listen to Chapter 45 & 46 or Read "It was God"

Joseph said to his brothers, "I am Joseph! Is my father still alive?"

But his brothers weren't able to answer him. They were too afraid of him.

Joseph said to his brothers, "Come close to me." So they did.

Then he said, "I am your brother Joseph. I'm the one you sold into Egypt. But don't be upset. And don't be angry with yourselves because you sold me here. God sent me ahead of you to save many lives.

"For two years now, there hasn't been enough food in the land. And for the next five years, people won't be plowing or gathering crops. But God sent me ahead of you to keep some of you alive on earth. He sent me here to save your lives by an act of mighty power.

"So then, it wasn't you who sent me here. It was God. (New International Reader's Version)

go to website to see video

Great movie. I should watch that again sometime.

Joseph is not interested in revenge. He forgives instead. Realizing that the pain and suffering his brothers had put him through was part of God's plan. This knowledge freed him from his anger and desire for revenge.

Ultimately this reconciliation of a dysfunctional family led to the birth of a nation. Jacob's name had been changed to Israel and the families of his sons grew into 12 tribes in the land of Egypt.

0 comments: