Incredible & Impossible

Listen to Acts Chapter 16 & 17 & 18 & 19 & 20
or read "More Missionary Journeys"

When they heard Paul talk about the dead rising, some of them made fun of it. But others said, "We want to hear you speak about this again." So Paul left the meeting of the Areopagus. A few men became followers of Paul and believed in Jesus. Dionysius was one of them. He was a member of the Areopagus. A woman named Damaris also became a believer. And so did some others. (Acts 17:32-34)
News of the resurrection of Christ divided them into three groups: its' crazy, tell me more, or I believe it. I have fallen into each of these groups during my life. In the past I concluded that the resurrection was just plain nuts, impossible. As I have learned more of the account and those who witnessed the empty tomb I have wanted to hear and learn more. For me today I sincerely believe that this incredible event took place. Believing has changed my outlook on everything. For me the impossible has become incredible!

Dan Miller who is part of the Leadership Team at Grace Fellowship in Atlanta, Georgia wrote this on his church's blog.

Have you ever thought about how incredible the idea of a person rising from the dead? Have you ever thought of the impossibility of this kind of belief? Well, you wouldn’t be the first. Throughout history the resurrection of Christ has met with every response possible ranging from sneers to apathy to those that embrace the belief that Jesus did rise from the dead and lives on. We see this spectrum of opinion in Acts 17:32-33, when it says that “when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked. But others said, ‘We will hear you again about this.’ But some men joined him and believed…”

Today we will follow the pen of the historian Luke to consider the reality of the resurrection of Jesus and rediscover what this seemingly incredible and impossible act means for you and me today." ... more ...

0 comments: