Against God

Listen to 2 Samuel Chapter 11 & 12 or read "Against God"

... Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." Nathan replied, "The LORD has taken away your sin. You are not going to die. But because by doing this you have shown utter contempt for the LORD, the son born to you will die."

Have mercy on me, O God ... Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight; so you are right in your verdict and justified when you judge. (Psalm 51)
Our sin offends God and hurts people. It has real consequences. It is taken away and forgiven when we turn to God.

David put his confession into the beautiful words recorded in Psalm 51.
Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love ...
Wash away all my iniquity ...
Create in me a pure heart, O God ...
Do not cast me from your presence ...
Read Psalm 51.

Here is Psalm 51 put to music by Keith Green:
go to website to listen to song

0 comments: